The Web version of these directions, with screen captures, can be found in 2016 District Mini-Guide.
1.Log on to NYSED Business Portal. Click SED Monitoring and Vendor Performance System.
2. Then click on View.
3. The Student Enrollment question will be automatically preloaded with the 2015-2016 enrollment data, which is the most recent publicly released data.
4. Answers to this survey may be rolled over (copied) from the previous survey. Rolling over answers is a multi-step process:
a. If the district wishes to have answers rolled over, click on the orange Roll Over Previous answers button on the left BEFORE entering any new data into the 2017 survey.
** IMPORTANT - If data has been entered into the survey before hitting the Roll Over Previous Answers button and the user hasn’t clicked on Save, hitting the Roll Over button will overwrite that data. If data has been entered and the district hits Save after entering the data, the Roll Over button will disappear and the district will not be able to retrieve it, unless the user deletes all data that has been entered.
b. Next read the Roll over Warning.
c. Click on the Load Previous Cycle Answers button.
5. Once the answers have rolled over, the District will be returned to page 1 of the survey.
6. If the district wishes to view their 2016 survey, it can do so in its Outbox.
7. It is very important to Save before moving to the next section or logging off. To be able to return to the page, click the blue Save button on the top or bottom of the page. To go to the next section, click the green Save & Continue button also on the top or bottom of the page. All required questions must be answered before moving to the next section.
8. If Help is needed while completing the Survey, click on the blue Help button on the bottom right of each page.
9. After the district clicks Help, a search box comes up. Then type the question and hit enter. This leads to the Datasupport.nysed.gov application.
10. If the search results are not helpful and further assistance is needed, click the Help button and fill out the Contact us form Please specify “Ed Tech” in the message. This message will go to the datasupport application and be answered by a NYSED Educational Design & Technology staff member.