Datasupport is a centralized self-help center for LEAs (districts and schools) and their Level 1 regional data warehouse host sites, offering Quick Links and Help articles that support the NYSED Information and Reporting Services (IRS) Office systems and reports.
If you are on any webpage within the NYSED IRS subweb (URLs that start with www.nysed.gov/irs/ or www.nysed.gov/sedcar/, and select IRS-managed sites such as data.nysed.gov) you can access Datasupport by doing the following:
- Find the blue Help button on the page. (This should pop up in the lower corner of any IRS-managed page. If it doesn’t immediately show, wiggle the mouse to activate it.)
- Click the Help button. This should open a Datasupport article search pop-up window with Help at the top, and a "How can we help?" text box.
- In the "How can we help?" text box, type one or more key words that describe the topic you’re searching for (or contacting us about) then click the [Enter] key on your keyboard.
- This should expand the Help pop-up to show any potentially-related Datasupport articles.
- Click any article link to view the article within the "How can we help?" pop-up window.
- Once the article is open in the Help pop-up, you may choose to view the article in your browser instead. At the top right of the article, click the “external link” icon (it’s a small square with a diagonal arrow pointing up through the open upper right corner).
- This will open the article in a new browser tab or window (and the article will open on the actual Datasupport website).
- At the top left of the Help pop-up, click the Back arrow (<-) at any time to go back to a previous screen.
- If no article answers your question, click the "Contact us" button at the bottom of the Help pop-up.
- Clicking this should open a Contact us pop-up request form:
- When filling out a Contact us request form, enter your FULL name in the "Your name" field.
- Enter your work email in the "Email address" field.
- In the "How can we help you?" field, enter at least one or more key words that describe your reason for contacting us.
- If applicable, you may attach up to five files in the "Attachments" field:
- You may click inside the Attachments field to browse/select files from your computer, or
- You may open a separate File explorer window (on your computer), browse and select files, and drag/drop them into the Attachments field.
- When done, click the Send button.
- You should receive an email from Datasupport with a ticket number and a copy of your inquiry.
If you are ALREADY on a webpage within Datasupport:
- Find the blue Help button. (This should pop up in the lower corner of all Datasupport web pages. If it does not immediately show, wiggle the mouse to activate it.)
- Clicking this should open a Contact us pop-up request form. See step 10 above, and follow the remaining steps.